Published on November 28, 2021 Last Updated on April 24, 2022
The best manual juicer for citrus helps you make high-quality juice at home. All you have to do is pick up a few oranges, lemons, limes, or grapefruits, cut them in half, place the half in the juicer and pull down the lever.
That way, you’ve got some freshly-squeezed citrus juice. Of course, you’ll be saving money in the long run, but the whole glass might take 2 or 3 oranges.
Do you like starting your morning off with a glass of orange juice? After all, it’s a breakfast staple for a reason, having great taste with plenty of nutrients.
1. Best Overall Juicer for Citrus – Chef’n (Lemon) FreshForce
The most important feature to notice is the innovative dual-gear mechanism, making this citrus juicer easy to use. This dual-gear mechanism helps you press into the fruit without much effort, with fast speed, and without compromising the quality of the juice.
In addition, the star-shaped slits of Chef’n in the bottom of the hopper allow the juice to pass through without any seeds. As a result, it’s barely spraying juice out of the sides as you use it.
What’s special to love about the Chef’n citrus juicer?
Chef’n added tiny feet on the bottom of the hopper that allows this citrus juicer to sit on the counter without falling over. Moreover, its small size easily fits into the gadget drawer, and it’s super easy to clean.
This citrus juicer might be your number one choice if you only need a tablespoon of juice. On the contrary, it wouldn’t be a good option for anyone looking to make juice of many oranges. That’s why it is an ideal citrus juicer to make juice for a cocktail or in cooking recipes.
- Not messy like most citrus juicers
- Easy to use and clean
- Small-sized, not large enough to fit a grapefruit
2. Best Value Juicer for Citrus – OXO Good Grips Wooden
It is the least expensive citrus juicer in the group by OXO.
You need to hold the fruit in one hand and press the reamer with the other. Unfortunately, this juicer is the messiest and also happened to be the slowest.
I’d especially recommend this juicer for anyone making small-batch recopies and cocktails: The resulting juice tastes so good!
- It is simple and effective to use.
- It produces a good yield.
- It is quite messy to use.
3. Best Motorized Juicer For Citrus – Black + Decker 32oz
If you’re looking for a big-sized fresh-squeezed orange juice glass, you’ll love the BLACK+DECKER 32oz citrus juicer.
This motorized juicer is the second-fastest in the group, doing quick work of juicing your limes, lemons, and oranges. The juicer has 2 cone sizes. The smaller cone is used to squeeze limes and lemons and a larger one for grapefruit and orange.
You’ll love how easily the bowl clip into the base, and also, you’ll feel no bitterness in the citrus juice. In addition, its rotating reamer’s design and an adjustable pulp control will help prevent the pulp from clogging the basket.
It takes up about the same space as a small food processor and the juicing container doubles as a pitcher. So it is an ideal choice if you’re specifically looking for a motorized juicer for citrus that can handle large juice quantities and isn’t very loud.
- It juices large and small citrus fruits.
- The cone is easy to clean.
- You need some practice unclipping the strainer section.
4. Breville BCP600SIL Citrus Press Motorized Juicer
If you’re ready to spend money on a motorized citrus juicer, then you really can’t go wrong with the Breville.
With its whisper-quiet motorized operation, it is the fastest juicer and yields more quantity of juice. In addition, this citrus orange juicer has a sleek design that looks great on the counter.
So, if this had been an orange juicer contest, the Breville juicer would have won best overall?
But, this juicer will be overkill if you’re just trying to squeeze a lemon to add to cooking. Also, as compared to our handheld squeezer, it is more expensive. Nevertheless, we highly recommend this citrus juicer for those who squeeze a glass or two of orange juice every morning, but it’s a bit more expensive.
- Sleek and beautiful looking design.
- It produces more quantity of juice.
- It is ultra-quiet with fast processing.
- Somewhat large footprint
- Not an impulse buy
5. Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
This Cuisinart juicer has an adjustable reamer with 3 pulp controls. But if we have to report one major complaint about this citrus juicer, it would be pulp control.
The pulp control didn’t seem to work well, allowing too much pulp to pass through at times and clogging up at others. The reamer attachment seems easy enough to remove and clean that pulp out, but it’s tricky to put it back into place.
On the other hand, this motorized citrus juicer yields delicious juice. It’s also smaller and ultra-quiet than the other electric citrus juicers.
- It yields good and tasty juice.
- Ultra-quiet and compact.
- Inconsistent reamer and pulp control.
6. The Prepara Glass Citrus Juicer With Storage
The minimalist-designed Prepara citrus juicer is low profile and super small. The best thing is, that you can screw off the juicer attachment and replace it with the storage cap (included). It doesn’t hold a large quantity of liquid, only 5 ounces or half a cup, still it’s a good feature if you have any leftover juice.
The tiny slits in the juicer clog easily and allow seeds and some pulp to get through. It isn’t our top choice as far as hand juicers go, but we are pretty pleased with this one.
- It is compact for easy storage.
- It holds only 5 ounces.
- It has ineffective pulp control.
7. Gourmia GMJ9970 Large Citrus Juicer
The Gourmia‘s citrus juicer is quite big and a heavy-duty option.
This professional-looking citrus juicer would fit nicely in your kitchen rack or a restaurant bar. However, if your counter space is a premium, it may be a bit overkill for your home.
However, you’ll love how the pull-handle design works, and while it isn’t that fast, it still had the second-best citrus juice yield.
Also, the orange juice made by this juicer would be full-flavored with the right amount of pulp. The only thing we don’t like about this juicer is its higher-than-average price tag.
- It is ideal for cocktail bars.
- It has a good juice yield.
- It is heavy-duty with a large footprint.
- Higher-than-average price tag.Also Tested
8. Bellemain Premium Quality Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer
It is a pretty attractive-looking Bellemain lemon squeezer. With its comfortable silicone handles, it is quite handy to squeeze easily. Moreover, its low-profile shape makes it easy to store in the kitchen drawer.
However, it doesn’t have any impressive features when it comes to performance. Nevertheless, if our top choice for handheld squeezers is not available or out-of-stock, we’d recommend this one to you.
- It is attractive looking, and sturdy with comfortable handles.
- It is compact for easy storage.
- It yields an average amount of juice.
9. Zulay Metal 2-In-1 Lemon Lime Squeezer
It is a pretty-looking, two-in-one style handheld squeezer called Zulay Kitchen lemon lime squeezer.
It has two settings, which makes it different from other citrus squeezers. For instance, one setting is used for limes, while the other for lemons. But, its barrier made the squeezer hard to clean, and you also have to put in extra effort to squeeze the lemon than you’d like.
- Pretty, cute-looking shape.
- It requires extra hand strength.
- The lemon/lime component gets in the way, making it difficult to clean.
10. Lu Cucina Citrus Juicer & Strainer
If you look at the stainless steel finish on the Lu Cucina citrus juicer, it doesn’t make it attractive. Unfortunately, it looks like an inexpensive metal utensil.
The juicer mechanism is pretty dull than the other citrus juicers, making it significantly harder to use. In addition, when you press the citrus onto the juicer, it may cause some splashes along the way. So it is not a big surprise if this juicer yields the least amount of juice in the group.
- Quite an affordable option.
- Due to its dull juicing mechanism, it produces a low yield.
- Messy to use.
Tips and Advice
- When you have a large number of fruits to juice, a hand squeezer may not be an ideal option for you. It will make your task heavy and tedious.
- Always check the hand juicer’s product label instructions for cleaning. You’ll find that most have dishwasher-safe parts, so you’d be able to wipe down the rest of the juicer with soapy dishware.
- Always look for a product warranty or a satisfaction guarantee to protect your purchase. It is no surprise if you find that some brands even offer a lifetime manufacturer warranty.
- So, there are so many different types of hand juicers available in the market. First, you’ll find those simple squeezers, like the Cucina Commercial Grade Lemon Squeezer and Bellemain Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer, and are available at a reasonable price. If you compare the price of hand juicers, you need to look at whether they are professional quality or not.
- For example, the Zulay Kitchen Metal Press Stand Citrus Juicer is designed to use in restaurants and juice bars. So, it’s for both commercial use and for home use too. That makes it better than the Mueller Vegetable/Fruit Wheatgrass Juicer, ideal for use in a home setting.
Things You Must Know About Citrus Juicers
Citrus juicers are not like the larger juicers capable of juicing everything from kale to sweet potatoes. They have a more specific purpose. For example, to make citrus juice in a larger juicer, you usually have to remove its peels first.
But if we talk about citrus-specific juicers, the only thing you have to put your effort into is to cut the fruit in half, making a tablespoon of juice for baking or cooking recipes. Citrus juicers are typically much less expensive than larger juicers.
You’ll find an amazing variety of shapes and styles in the citrus juicing world:
- Handheld reamers
- Handheld squeezers
- Motorized juicers
- Tabletop hand juicers
If we test and try all the types, choosing which type is better is pretty hard. So, I can honestly say, all the models mentioned above have their pros and cons. As we shared, handheld reamers were messy and slow–but they are surprisingly efficient and produce some of the sweetest tasting juices.
Handled vs. Motorized Citrus Juicer
While handheld squeezers are my favorites because they keep the mess to a minimum and are easy to store, they wouldn’t be my top choice for juicing every day if you’re looking for ideal juicers for larger citrus.
The tabletop juicers are better to work with larger citrus, such as grapefruit and oranges. On the contrary, hand juicers are more tiring to use if you’re looking for juicing a large quantity of citrus.
Lastly, the motorized versions are the easiest and fastest unit to use. The only problem you’ll find is that many of these motorized models yield bitter juice because they over-work the pith. Also, they are noisy and take up more space on your counter.
Really, it’s up to you to choose what model is best for you! But, before buying, take a close look at why you need juice citrus and what’s your budget limit.
The Best Juicer for Citrus – Questions
What if you’re in the habit of getting your daily vitamin C in juice form? This habit can quickly become expensive. So why not get your glass of fresh juice from your own citrus juicer instead?
Above all, you can’t beat the taste of fresh fruit juice with your favorite store-bought brand.
If you’re ready to take the plunge and start making juice at home, then you’ll want to invest in the best citrus juicer. And here are 4 of the very best.
There are 4 different types of citrus-based juicers: wooden reamers, handheld squeezers, motorized models tabletop, and hand juicers. Naturally, we didn’t want to assume one type would perform better than the rest, so we tested all of them.
Unfortunately, we can’t say that one type is far better than the others after squeezing limes, lemons, and oranges through the best juicers. However, some juicers are easy to use and yield more juice.
Except for a few recipes, a splash of lime, orange juice, or lemon brings out the best flavors in seafood dishes. Sometimes, it’s as simple as fancying sour cream with a sprinkle of fresh lime and a splash of coriander.
But, of course, you already know the merits of adding one ingredient to your homemade soda or favorite cocktail! To make these additions, the easiest way is to use a “Top Notch Quality” citrus juicer–like the best-performing handheld squeezer Chef’n citrus juicer.
When you think about the best citrus juicers, your mind probably goes to mega-sized juicers. Those models will work, but they’re often overkilled when it comes to citrus. So instead of throwing any of those juicers into the mix, we focused on the simple models that allow you to cut the lemon in half and squeeze in a juicer.